Wednesday, November 2, 2016

Who Am I? My Idea of a Self-Portrait



My idea for my self-portrait is actually quite simple.  In my mind, it starts out with me opening up my laptop first thing in the morning, half asleep, trying to “complete” an unfinished assignment due within the hour.  This basically emphasizes my terrible habit of leaving things for the last minute.  The film will seem as if I am vlogging, then there will be sporadic cuts to random videos of myself doing a variety of activities that I do (or attempt to do).  From hearing my voice through a small microphone gaming, to the indoor soccer courts in the Rec Center, to even going back home for a couple of days and spending time with family and loved ones, I will be putting a variety of clips.  The way I would like to present the portrait is something that is so sporadic and busy, which is really all I am in this very moment.  I believe with that kind of central focus, it should create a film that would describe me in the best way I know how.  I seem to be mysterious and straight forward when people first meet me, so I would think that using the vlog scene to capture a bland version of myself would really encapsulate on what would it be to meet me for the first time (in a sense).  That being said,  I think the use of my phone camera and scanner would be a strange and stylistic touch.  With the inclusion of my laptop webcam, I believe that the changes of imagery would add an experimental taste of how society films themselves using technology that we have access to and even use on a daily basis.  I do not believe it would be difficult, but fun experiences to have people question me as to why I am filming myself in random times throughout the day.  

No comments:

Post a Comment