Wednesday, August 31, 2016

The Sound Observation: Part II

The experiment continues as leave the apartment to the outdoors of the university area.  I stood near the wildlife reserve to really capture the sound of the outdoors.  It truly delivered as I could the hear the wind gliding through the plant life, causing the leaves and branches to brush up against each other.  I also heard wildlife, mostly the cicadas surrounding the entire area with the chirping that seemed to last forever.  In the distance, I could also hear some inaudible dialog from fellow students as they walked back toward the apartment complex.  Being quiet and still also allowed me to hear the flight of insects twirling all around as well.  Lastly, I heard the rhythmic pattern of a longboard's wheels hitting the cracks of the pavement, as the loud yet low sound effects echoed in the distance.  As for the experiment, it was quite a success to really capture and understand the ambience to describe a certain area, whether it be enclosed or fully open.  It was a really relaxing one for sure.

No comments:

Post a Comment