Wednesday, September 21, 2016

Soundscape Impressions



Through my time with working on anything involving sound, my creativity can really go bonkers.  I am sure many could attest to that as well.  From the process of recording, towards the conceptual design of the soundscape,  I was intrigued and constantly thinking of ideas of sounds we could do and how could we alter them to create a piece that would later mold together in the edit lab.  Though my main issue was the amount of time and scheduling according to my other school courses, but otherwise it was a really fun project to be involved in.
                One thing I particularly enjoyed was the post-production, which is what I find myself enjoying the most when working on film projects.  Though I do like the field work and experiencing the creation of something first-hand, creating a way to piece all of it together is what I want to do as a career.  Anyway, back to the actual topic of the piece: creating an experimental soundscape.
                Generally, my approach to the experimental genre is to really experiment and test my skills as an editor.  Granted, there is not much skill or practice, but anyway, testing my ability is really the objective when doing these kinds of projects.  Also, with a group, it is very interesting how diverse our minds were in some cases.  For example, on whether we should lower or raise the volume, when to centralize an effect, or even what effects to use and how it would affect the overall soundscape.  Just the few little details can make such a big difference as to how the final production is completed.  Overall, the project in itself was a joy to work on, with countless hours invested into creating a two minute strip of a mix of sounds.  Onto the next one!

No comments:

Post a Comment